Sunday, October 19, 2014

Elegant Fruit Stand 9/19/2012

Elegant Fruit Stand

I've seen a few three tiered stands on Pinterest, like this one: http://thecraftingchicks.com/2011/05/6955.html . I think they are useful, and full of personality.  I started shopping around to see what I could find, just keeping an eye out for something that would make this sweet new centerpiece for the table
It's so sweet, now that it's put together. Let's see how I did it.

My original storage solution for the fruit. It's a sturdy green bowl, it does the job, but it's not quite fit for a Queen, is it?

I found these resin plates and pasta bowl at Target on Clearance for 2.67, $.88, and $2.07. I found the glass candle sticks at the Dollar store. 

I sent the dishes through the dishwasher, since I will put fruit in my bowl, I wanted it to start out clean. I set up the plates in order, making sure I had enough room in between them. 


I used Gorilla Glue to connect the pieces together. 

I let it set over night before adding any weight to the stand.
 
"Here it is the next morning, loaded up with fruit. So, Cheerful! 


Let it set, then enjoy! 

No comments: