Sunday, September 7, 2008

Can Art have Purpose?

I really like the idea of art that can go where ever you go. There is a lot of value in wearing a favorite piece of jewelry or up-beat colorful scarf. I find that it is a great way to perk up my mood when feeling down in the dumps. I get a happy warm feeling from wearing my red sneakers as well, but I don't really consider them to be art.

It was once said that art is for the purpose of the creator. That sounds to me a bit odd, why not share in the fun of the things that make me happy, per chance someone else will enjoy it as well. I suppose if the art is only made so that the artist can get it out of their system, then the work still serves a purpose.

Wearable art, can that be nearly synonymous with jewlery? What do you think?

No comments: